CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Cricket Kenya (CK) seeks to appoint on a fixed term basis, an experienced, dynamic and energetic individual as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead and manage its activities up to and beyond the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup.
The successful candidate will report to the CK Board and will implement and spearhead the overall vision and strategic direction of CK’s cricket and commercial operations. The position carries an attractive salary package with benefits commensurate with experience.
The CEO will be a non-executive member of the Board and will, on a day to day basis, be responsible to, and work closely with, the Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Hon Treasurer of the CK Board (“the office bearers”).
The CEO would be responsible for delivering in the following key duties:
- Overall responsibility for the day to day administration and financial activities of CK in conjunction with the office bearers and other members of staff
- Effective corporate governance and compliance with statutory requirements
- Strategic Planning, managing, implementation and regular overviews of business planning and long term strategies
- Development planning and youth and women’s programmes
- Financial performance, management and accountability including preparation of Annual Reports, Budgets and Funding Reports.
- Administration and arrangements of CK AGM, Board and Council Meetings.
- Responsibility for developing CK’s organisation, overseeing performance and conduct of all CK staff and regular preparation of all staff appraisals.
- Overseeing all marketing, fund-raising, communication and promotional activities and identifying sponsorship and other funding activities.
- Management of assets and facilities, activities and events
- National Team affairs
- Management of relations with the International Cricket Council (ICC), African Cricket Association (ACA) and other related sporting bodies
- Industrial relations, taxation and employee affairs
- Promotion of CK’s profile with ICC, sponsors, media and all key stakeholders
The CEO should have the following skills and competencies:
- Sound knowledge of information and computer technology
- Tertiary qualification, preferably degree level or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior Management level position preferably with financial and commercial experience
- Be an analytical and creative manager with strong leadership skills who works well under pressure
- Experience in sport, particularly cricket administration, would be advantageous
- Excellent business acumen, interpersonal and project management skills
Applications should include a covering letter and a detailed resume together with the names and contact details of three referees. The covering letter should address how your experience and skills meet the main duties above. Applications should also provide an indication of when the applicant would be available to commence but this would not preclude anyone with the right credentials from being considered. Further details may be requested by CK at a later date. Applications, by email only, should be received by close of business on Friday 19th February 2010 to:
Samir Inamdar Barbara Kokonya
Chairman Administration Manager
PLEASE NOTE: Only short listed candidates will be contacted and if you have not been contacted by Friday 26th February, please be advised that your application was not successful.