Saturday, February 03, 2007

What a match!

I have written a full report of this match on Cricketeurope, but there are some things too good to visit just once. This was one of those games that cricket is all about. It had centuries, it had great bowling, it had moments of utter madness and then it had Thomas Odoyo. His blitz in the final overs took Kenya to their third victory in the tournament and leaves them one win away from a certain place in the final and a berth at the 20-20 World Cup.
There were a few supporters who turned up to the game, and their vocal support was joyous to behold. Hopefully the footage of them made it to local tv to encourage others to come down and showed them how much fun can be had at cricket. Those that missed it, missed a real cracker and I defy any sports fan, irrespective of code, to watch a match like that and not get hooked.
Next opportunity is Sunday at Gymkhana - a weekend day, so no excuses. If you are in Nairobi, come down and see what it is all about. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Valedon said...

I wish I was there! I'm stuck in Nairobi at school. :-(