Friday, March 10, 2006

Someone's been telling porky pies

According to this story on cricinfo, the earlier report on the players strike was not accurate. Steve Tikolo said that the confusion arose when the Nation reporter saw the players waiting for the meeting, and jumped to conclusions. If this was the case, it explains why Tikolo did not bother to answer the reporter's questions as to why the team were 'on strike'.
It certainly made a good story, and was enough to get me for one onto my high horse. One way or another, someone has been telling fibs. If it is Tikolo, I stand by what I said earlier, and will have to reasses my opinion of him. If it was the Nation (in light of the cricinfo article, the more likely option), then full apologies for casting doubt on the team. I should have more faith. Especially as I have imense respect for Tikolo as both a captain and gentleman. I will also have to take with a grain of salt all future articles written by the Nation on cricket. Not a pleasing prospect, as they are still one of the few sources of news on the game from home. Hopefully in time, there will be enough first hand information available to me that this will no longer matter. Roll on that day.

No comments: