Friday, January 12, 2007

Selection Day

With a week to go before the tri-series gets underway in Mombasa, today will finally see the selection of the Kenya squad for this series and the WCL. This is where people like myself get an opportunity to either say 'I told you so' or look like a complete baboon. Without further ado, here is my guess at the 15 man squad:
.
Steve Tikolo (Cpt)
Thomas Odoyo (V.C)
Peter Ongondo
Tanmay Mishra
Ravindu Shah
Hiren Varaiya
Nehemiah Odhiambo
Abeed Janmohamed (wkt1)
Maurice Ouma (wkt 2)
David Obuya
Collins Obuya
Jimmy Kamande
Malhar Patel
Ashish Karia
Alfred Luseno
.
As to the actual playing XI, I think the top 7 are automatic choices. One out of either of the wicketkeepers will open with Ravindu, then the other 3 spots are up for grabs.
.
Note that as I have not actually been able to see the team in training, there may have been other players who have come to the attention of the selectors and it is equally possible that one or two mentioned will not have lived up to expectations. I guess we shall see soon enough.

No comments: