Monday, May 01, 2006

Fairburn Pipped

Continuing the theme of keeping up with Kenyan linked players abroad, here is James Clegg's report on how his Fairburn team went over the weekend:
"Well what a turn in fortunes from last week. This time I do get the runs, and then the team go on and lose. On a small pitch, against a strong Netherton CC batting lineup, I lost the toss, and was forced to field. Netherton's batsman all came to the party contributing to give Netherton CC a score of 205-8 of their 44 overs.

In reply, I got off 2 a very "unclegglike" start - (aggressive and fluent), hitting 12 off my first 6 balls. Ian Jones & I put on 40 for the first wicket in good time, before Jones got caught behind. A few overs later, and a few more weak dismissals, meant we were soon 60-3: it was becoming increasingly clear, I had to come through here! I continued to score quickly, first clipping a 4, then pulling my next delivery for 6, at last I'm going to past 50 and then be running around Netherton, with my bat in the air and another win chalked up. Ohh What A Beautiful Game...

Next ball, with the adrenaline coursing through my veins, I went to play a lofted on drive, being caught 2 inches off the ground for 45, WHAT HAD I DONE!

Unfortunatly, we went onto lose by 7 runs, with plenty of overs to spare. After 2 weeks, we lie second in the division...next week Cookridge away!".
Hitesh Modi's side, Chesham are not due to start playing until this week - the first team have a home friendly against Chenies & Latimer on Saturday. Whether his finger is mended well enough to play will be another story. Lets hope so.
Another Kenyan overseas is former MSC batsman Amit Bhudia, who is reportedly turning out for Herning in the Danish 2nd Division. Hopefully we can get some news from that part of the World as well.
If anyone else knows of any other Kenyans playing abroad, let me know so I can keep updated on their progress.

No comments: