Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Cricket Kenya To Set Up Official Website

This is great news for all fans of Kenyan cricket, and has absolutely nothing to do with my earlier article on publicising cricket in Kenya - I must just have great timing. Cricket Kenya decided on May 7th at a board meeting that the contract for designing the site and keeping it updated would go to a local company, Visergy. As yet, no word on the actual site address, but I will of course be linking to it as soon as it is set up, which I'm reliably informed will be in the near future. Obviously, we shall have to wait and see what it looks like, and no doubt there will be the odd glitch to start with, but this is a great step in the right direction. Ogilvy One, the company being used by Cricket Kenya to aid promotions are currently in the process of looking for a sponsor for the site. Now lets look forward to more coverage in the local press, and a free flow of information to the fans. I hope I am not getting too carried away here!

No comments: